Welcome!

Hello :)

Monday, July 23, 2007

RSS / newsreaders

Frankly, have always bothered me ... if I want to read/ get information from a site, I'll go there - either through bookmarks, del.icio.us, or by, hey - just typing in the address or something ...

In my last library system, we offered RSS feeds - and while at first it seemed pretty cool using, at that time, brand new technology... I found it to be redundant, and not useful, since when I visited bloglines, I just wanted to explore the originating info. site anyway - including the library... SO, if I'm going to the sites anyway, why take the extra step of visiting my reader ... ????

On the upside - I rediscovered that I already had a bloglines account, and it is now chock-a-block full of silly info and outdated feeds, leaving me a bit awestruck and giggly at what a different place in life I am now vs. 7 years ago ... a mere babe :)

I should add that I am related to people who LOVE feeds and readers ... just isn't my cuppa.
*SQ*

No comments: